"From phones to cars to medicine, technology touches every part of our lives. If you can create technology, you can change the world." Susan Wojcicki.
The intent of the Computing Curriculum at Ashton Vale is that our students will gain:
- Knowledge and skills in digital literacy, computer science and information technology for future life.
- An understanding of how to access and use technology safely and respectfully and to be aware of their digital footprint.
- Critical thinking skills to expand their own learning and enrich their experiences in school.
- Whole-school Computing days are held each year to enable children to fully immerse in the skills they are being taught.
- Termly online safety themed assemblies are delivered.
- Online safety is embedded in every computing lesson and across the curriculum..
- Technology is used across the curriculum to allow children to continue developing their computing skills.
- Skills progression are used to ensure the children develop their knowledge and skills in a progressive way.
- Online Learning platforms are promoted throughout the school to encourage learning at home.
During discrete computing lessons at Ashton Vale will be following the CS Fundamentals course from code.org.
Computing Curriculum KS1 and KS2
- Development of life-long learners who are equipped for a technological world.
- Development of children’s knowledge in online safety, information technology and computer science.
- Children are able to transfer their computing skills across the curriculum.